Your dog is your best buddy, but there are certain things all dog parents do that secretly annoy their pooches. And often, it’s not anything we would normally think much about. Apparently, dogs just think differently than humans do and much gets lost in translation. Which of these are you guilty of?
1. Smiling. We think smiling dogs are adorable. But did you know your dog most often reads a big toothy grin as a sign of aggression? Showing teeth means, “back off, I bite” in doggie language.
2. Failing to lick. Have you ever watched two bonded dogs groom each other. They’ll often lick and flea-bite each other while cuddling or lounging on the couch. It’s a serious bonding activity and is a sign of acceptance and affection for dogs. They must think we’re the rudest creatures on earth when we fail to lick them back each morning.
3. Birthday candles. Lighting food on fire is just weird for your dog. WHY would anyone do such a thing on purpose? They just don’t get it.
4. Going to work. Eight to twelve hours a day away from the dog is simply way too much. An hour is an eternity in dog years! We should show as much enthusiasm over coming home each day as they do.
5. Temperatures. Seriously, it’s the 21st century, can’t we figure out how to make an ear thermometer for dogs? That area is just off limits unless it’s a mutual sniff-greet session.
Dogs sure do put up with a lot from us humans.
My dogs have given me an entirely new spiritual perspective on life. I now have a genuine understanding of unconditional love and provision.